We are very proud to be chosen as a finalist in the Visitor Attractions section of the CFJ / CFA Awards for 2021 for our work at Bear Town last year.
Based on a real life street, Bear Town was designed to give a truly immersive role playing experience for kids. This interesting project involved laying flooring throughout this new building, totaling more than 600M2.
The project was based near Cullompton in Devon. Following on from the success of Bear Trail, an outdoor adventure trail, Ben, the director, wanted to create a new indoor playzone.
In order to create the desired effects, but make the tourist attraction as safe as possible, A variety of different floor coverings were used over the various areas.
- Altro Walkway hard-wearing safety flooring was installed in the themed rooms, street and circulation areas
- Altro Wood safety flooring was used in the cafe area
- Altro Stronghold in the kitchen
- Heckmondwicke Supercord heavy duty carpet was fitted in the back of house areas
- Polyflor bloc was installed to the interactive computer room
- Fball 121 primer and 1100 Gypsum screed were also used