Environmental Policy Statement
Flooring Matters recognises that as a Flooring Contractor, we have a responsibility to the environment beyond legal and regulatory requirements. We are fully committed to having as little impact on the environment as possible. This policy applies to the activities undertaken at our base in Bovey Tracey and any other site we work at.
We are committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral part of our business strategy and operating methods. We will endeavour to encourage customers, suppliers and other stakeholders to do the same. We feel that this Environmental Policy is essential in communicating our commitment to reducing the environmental impact of association activities.
The Company aims to:
- Comply with or exceed all compliance obligations.
- Review the actual and potential environmental impacts of our activities, evaluating compliance and taking action if needed.
- Regularly review and monitor the environmental management system to identify opportunities for continuous improvement in environmental performance.
- Identify and manage key risks to reduce prevent pollution, and have mitigating efforts in place to respond to potential incidents and emergencies.
- Incorporate environmental considerations into business decisions, including understanding the needs and expectations of interested parties.
- Particular attention will be paid to the following areas within the business:
- Reducing waste and unnecessary consumption of materials; for example, using more durable supplies and not over-ordering materials
- Use more sustainable resources, to reduce overall impact on the environment, with consideration for the resource’s whole lifecycle
- Reducing impacts on climate change; such as minimising travel miles, encouraging low carbon modes of transport/fleet vehicles and encouraging energy saving measures to all employees
- Increase staff awareness and training around environmental implications of the business
Flooring Matters SW Ltd is an upper tier waste carrier.
All employees have a responsibility to contribute to meet the requirements of this policy by participating and contributing to its success through their actions and suggestions.
Environmental protection issues are integrated into the Company’s decision-making process. Some of the initiatives and policies that Flooring Matters SW Ltd have already adopted are:
- All of our cardboard packaging and tubes are cut up and compacted using a cardboard crusher.
- We are also members of Carpet Recycling UK and the Recofloor scheme. All unused vinyl is collected by Recoflor and it is then recycled into new flooring. All uplifted vinyl is recycled into traffic management products such as traffic cones and sign bases. We separate all of our vinyl waste accordingly so that 0% goes to landfill. Where the carpet tile supplier operates a collect and recycle scheme, we use it.
- As a company, we always check to ensure that the wood we use carries the FSC and PEFC certification.
- We only use products and adhesives with low VOC and solvent content, helping to improve IAQ (indoor air quality).