Your Karndean Luxury Vinyl Tiles should last you for years, in fact they are guaranteed to last a lifetime. However, we know that life happens – you need to live in your home, and it’s not a showhome! So if, after a while, it starts to look a little tired and grubby we suggest giving your Karndean flooring a deep clean using Karndean’s 3 step, Clean, Remove and Refresh system.
In order to complete your Refresh you need to follow these steps:
- Remove any dust or debris from your floor.
- Remove mats and any free standing objects from the floor.
- Mix the Karndean Remove solution as per the instruction on the bottle. Always wear protective gloves when using this product.
- Apply the Karndean Remove cleaning solution to the floor using a clean mop, working in an area no larger than 5m x 5m (16’ x 16’) at a time.
- Leave the solution on the floor for approximately 10 minutes.
- Be careful not to allow Karndean Remove to dry on the floor.
- Scrub the floor using a white scrubbing Remove pad fitted to the end of an applicator.
- Next, the Karndean Remove needs to be taken off.
- Remove all the residue and rinse the floor with a wet mop or wet vac
- After the floor has dried, check all residue has been removed.
- Clean the mops and other equipment with clean, cold running water.
- Next you can apply Karndean Refresh, creating a satin finish to your floor. This also helps protect it from marks and fine scratches.
- When using Karndean Refresh, avoid, where possible, strong sunlight and draughts and ensure all under floor heating is switched off before starting work.
- Also, before you start, make sure the floor is completely dry and free of all traces of Karndean Remove.
- Using a soft, lint free applicator pad spread a thin and even layer of undiluted Karndean Refresh onto the floor, in a widthways direction.
- Leave this layer to dry for approximately 30 minutes, then repeat the process lengthways.
- Rinse the pad thoroughly after use and leave the floor to dry for approximately 6 hours or preferably overnight.