Caring for Karndean LVT Flooring
Read on for our top tips for caring for your Karndean Design Flooring…
- To avoid bringing in unwanted dirt, use a good quality, non rubber backed entrance mat. Remember to keep the mat well maintained and clean otherwise it can lose its effectiveness. In wet weather you may need to add extra matting to keep your floor safe and dry.
- Avoid using rubber castors, mats or floor protectors, as rubber can stain Karndean flooring.
- To protect your floor from scratching use felt or cloth pads under furniture. For heavier items Karndean recommends Magiglide. Avoid dragging furniture as this can cause surface scratching.
- Clean up any spills as soon as possible as some liquids like wine can stain. Watch out for pollen from flowers like lilies too.
- Regularly clean the floor with a soft brush or damp mop. Don’t use bleach or solvents to clean your floor, use a PH neutral cleaner like Karndean Clean.
Instructions for using Karndean Clean
Here are the instructions for using Karndean Clean:
- Remove any dust or debris from your floor.
- Prepare the Karndean Clean solution, diluting as per the instruction on the bottle.
- Apply the solution liberally over the entire floor using a clean mop.
Soak up the solution using a damp mop and leave it to dry.
- Thoroughly clean the mop with cold running water.
- If you do have stubborn stains, spot clean using undiluted Karndean Clean or Karndean Remove.
- If you wish to vacuum your floor, please check your vacuum manufacturer instructions and guidance on cleaning floors as some hoovers will not be recommended.
Contact Us For Karndean Cleaning Kits
You can purchase a kit from us that includes all you need to complete a complete refresh of your Karndean floor.
For commercial customers, or those who have large areas to maintain, we are also able to provide a service where we carry out the Refresh for you – please contact us for a quote.