Wood Floor Sanding
There’s nothing quite like a real wood floor. Wooden flooring can add warmth and character to your home. If you’re lucky enough to have uncovered some beautiful original floorboards then you’ll need some help to restore them to their former glory. Flooring Matters SW Ltd are here to help you. We offer a quality wood floor sanding service for domestic and commercial customers in Devon. We take pride and great care in the preparation of each and every floor and have invested in the latest sanding technology that means the process is virtually dust free!
Restoration and Sanding of Existing Floorboards
Gone with the old carpet and in with a beautiful, natural wood floor. Flooring Matters can help you with wooden floor restoration in Devon. Perhaps you have parquet flooring that you are looking to restore and cherish or you’ve just uncovered some original floorboards that are just waiting for some TLC to be brought back to life.
Sand an Engineered Wood Floor
If you’ve got an engineered wood floor that was laid a few years ago, it may well be ready to be rejuvenated. Life happens, and you can be forgiven for having a few scratches on your lovely wooden floor. Engineered wood is designed to be hard wearing and long lasting and may take several sands in its lifetime, the number of times engineered floors can be refinished depends on the thickness of the Veneer. If it is less than 2 millimeters thick it can tolerate a light scuff-sanding with a buffer. Thicker top layers can be sanded just like solid wood, allowing deeper scratches and dents to be removed.
With our virtually dust free sanders we can bring your engineered wood back to its former glory!
Sand and Polish Wooden Floors in Sports Halls, Community Centres and Village Halls
No job is too big or small for Flooring Matters SW Ltd. Whether you have a community centre, school sports hall or a Victorian terraced house we can help you with your wooden flooring restoration project. We work with the best suppliers to be able to offer you the best solution for your flooring needs. For areas like gyms and sports halls which need to conform to EN BS 14904 for slip resistance we recommend a solvent based moisture cured polyurethane commercial grade floor seal for indoor sports play.
When it comes to hard working commercial spaces, we can work around your schedule, so your business is interrupted as little as possible. And because our equipment uses the latest dust free technology, the time spent cleaning afterwards is eliminated.
The process of sanding back a wooden floor:
When it comes to wood floor sanding, there are various options of service available, depending on your needs and budget. We will help you decide the best options for you when we visit for our free site survey.
- Removal of old carpet or laminate flooring
- Remove tacks and nails
- If any floorboards need to be replaced we are able to supply reclaimed pine boards
- Sand back the wooden floor using our state of the art dust free sander
- Fill in any gaps with resin; different solutions are available, dependant on the size and nature of the gaps
- Next we add a stain or colour if required, or maybe a lime wash or whitening, the choice is yours. During our survey we can go through the different options with our colour charts. We can supply and install an industry approved stain to your newly refurbished floor.
- Then we would need to add protective coatings, lacquers, or oils. The final protective coating adds depth and will really enhance the grain and colours of your new look floor, as well as protecting it for many years to come
- For hard working commercial areas we recommend using a commercial grade lacquer to finish the job.
- Can you buy doxazosin over the counter
- Cheap epivir canada
- Cheap celebrex canada
- Can you buy lotrisone over the counter usa
- Buy protopic online
- Can you buy temovate over the counter
- Keflex cost per pill
- How to get norvasc online
- Buy celexa no prescription
- Buy lioresal online canada
Maintenance of Wood Flooring
We offer a personalised maintenance routine to ensure your new look floor looks great for years to come.
We advise our customers to always use gentle cleaning products. Using harsh chemicals such as bleach floor cleaners could damage the protective lacquer. Wood is a natural product and should be treated with care – if you move or drag heavy objects across your wooden floor it will mark. We suggest that you add rugs or floor runners to areas that receive heavy wear such as kitchens or hallways.
Contact us today so we can discuss your floor sanding and restoration project – We take pride and great care in the preparation of each and every floor and have invested in the latest sanding technology that means the process is virtually dust free!
Are You Looking to get a New Wood Floor Installed?
We are accredited with Havwoods and are one of their recommended wood floor installers in Devon. Havwoods provide beautiful Wood Floors for homes, retail stores and work spaces and their collection includes many different types of wood plank construction including Solid Wood and Engineered Wood